Offering Alternative Wealth-Building Solutions
You are the most trusted resource for your clients. Planning options for attorneys and CPAs include working with your clients to develop strategies in tax planning, LLC set-up/document preparation, and estate planning. When you understand self-directed IRAs and 1031 exchanges, you can offer a unique opportunity to help clients design the optimal financial plan to reach their goals.
Many investors choose to be actively involved in planning successful financial futures. Self-directed IRAs and 1031 exchanges give investors the control that helps them build tax-deferred or tax-free income for retirement. Your knowledge of these investing strategies makes you a more valuable resource for clients and potential clients. Your clients depend on you—and your role is always an essential piece of their success.
Midland IRA can help as a self-directed account administrator. We do not offer financial or investment advice, but we do offer superior tools and services to make the process easy. As an impartial third party, Midland IRA serves as a record-keeper and custodian of your client’s retirement funds. We never sell any investment products or collect any commissions. Our key function is to act as a gateway for your clients to access a larger range of investment options within their retirement funds.
Midland’s custom educational curriculum for professionals includes free, on-site presentations and webinars. Attendees learn how self-directed retirement plans work and the vast number of investments permissible in these accounts. Events include short (15-20 minute) overviews to more informative two-hour seminars.
Our Presentations Offer Participants Powerful Information
- How to educate existing and potential clients about self-direction
- The different types of accounts that can be self-directed
- Alternative assets allowed in self-directed plans and the rules governing these accounts
- Why IRAs can incur unrelated business income tax (UBIT) with some assets and how to help clients navigate this tax
- The role of Midland, the client and yourself during the investing process
Tools Available to You with Interested Party Designation
- 24/7 live access to monitor client accounts with included demo to show ease of data sharing between Midland and a client’s tax advisor
- Tax documents (Form 1099, 5498, etc.) all posted online available directly to you for direct download to promote ease of tax preparation
- Link to excel spreadsheet to export data to your systems for record keeping purposes
- Assigned representative at Midland IRA to serve as point of contact for you and your clients
Investment Process and Timeline
Open a Midland Account
Open a Midland IRA account by completing our online application. Investor must supply pen-signed documents, a copy of their driver’s license, and a copy of their account statement.
Fund the Account
Fund the account via IRA to IRA transfer, rollover, or contribution by completing the appropriate form found here.
Make the Investment
Complete the appropriate form for the asset your client wishes to invest in by clicking here.
Note: Entire timeline length from day 1 ends within 3 weeks. Use the arrows (if present) to scroll through the entire timeline.